Thursday, May 7, 2009

HOME !!!!!

Cortney was not able to join us on our trip to bring Lexis home as she had finals
But she was waiting with open arms !
I will post more picture's later , I was too busy to take picture's once we got off the plane , but others were taking a lot of picture's , so once I get them I'll post them .
But here is what I do have .

This picture pretty much says it all about our trip home !

Lexies new cousin ,( the one in red) made matching dresses for Lexie , her little sister and Hayle. She is talented , she cooks bakes sews, plays the harp , piano and I couldn't even name all the crafts she does , and does all these well .

Giving Grandma a long awaited hug!

2 friends from our church , Kate and Nate , they prayed faithfully for Lexie to get to come home, even when I thought it was pointless, " To have the faith of a child !"
Our trip home began at 3:30 am Guatemala time .
The girls did great !
Lexis was so excited to get to her new home , and Hayle .... well for some crazy reason she loves to get up in the middle of the night for an adventure , like black friday shopping .
She bounces out of bed when she knows we are leaving in the middle if the night .
When we left the hotel , another gentleman was leaving at the same time .
When we got in the hotel van to head to the airport , we started talking to him .
With in a few minutes we realized he is a Christian , and what an incredible testimony he has .
I will post about that later.
When we had to show our passports , the man started asking questions about Lexie's .
I just began to pray , it's been such a long road I was just a bit nervous .
It was fine , Mark had the right answer for him .Lexie really liked the plane ride .
Once we landed in Pittsburgh , we were greeted by friends and family .
Lexie was amazing . she was hugging everyone , she was not shy at all .
When we got about 5 minutes from our house ,it was like she knew .
She would point to every house and ask Hayle " my casa?" casa means house .
When we got home Lexie came running in the house , she wanted to see every room .
Then we had a house full of people to celebrate !
Lexie had a great time , she seemed to love being the center of attention .
Hayle has been doing so well with her , we were concerned she would be jealous,
Ofcourse it helped my friend Anita brought her 2 year old , put a baby near
Hayle and the reast of the world goes away .

4 comments:

  1. You can always borrow Ahren. he lives to have an older girl tell him what to do. Seriously. It makes him extremely happy and I am not kidding! i think Hayle ruined him when he was a baby!!! Hee!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome home!!! I can't wait to see the rest of your adventure together as a family.

    Love and hugs,
    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  3. I;m so happy for you Paula! Call me sometime when you all get settled in!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations on your newest adoption, I watched you on adoption stories and at at that time I was waiting for my first daughter to come home from Guatemala. I then adopted a second daughter from there as well and now like you have them a year apart, Isabella is almost 5 and Gabrielle is almost 4. Congratulations on Lexis' long awaited homecoming

    ReplyDelete